Board Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
A more networked approach is needed to meet the challenges of modern planning. Integrating and eliminating silos in the planning process improves alignment and transparency, increases accountability, and generates better decisions. This leads to a noticeable increase in business results in the company.
As a best practice process, integrated business planning is increasingly becoming the new standard for modern planning activities. With IBP, a coordinated go-to-market plan is created, with input from all departments and taking into account available capabilities, resources and production capacity. This guarantees maximum success potential. Unlike traditional annual planning activities, integrated business planning is a continuous process with constant review and adjustment
As part of the only all-in-one BI & CPM product on the market, IBP provides Board IBP offers all the benefits of the Board decision-making platform, seamlessly combines analysis and reporting with planning, forecasting and simulation processes.
Depending on your preference, this planning solution can be licensed from Board On Premises or as a cloud platform. We at BLUEBIRD Consulting will be happy to advise you in deciding which license combination is right for your company and your use case.
Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Approach
A collaborative strategy is essential to address contemporary planning challenges. By merging and eradicating isolated compartments in the planning process, we enhance coherence and openness, bolster responsibility, and make more informed choices. This results in a significant improvement in the company's performance outcomes.
As a best practice process, integrated business planning is increasingly becoming the new standard for modern planning activities. With IBP, a coordinated go-to-market plan is created, with input from all departments and taking into account available capabilities, resources and production capacity.
This guarantees maximum success potential. Unlike traditional annual planning activities, integrated business planning is a continuous process with constant review and adjustment.
Redefinition of IBP with Board
The combination of business intelligence and performance management capabilities, intelligent data entry, and a single, accurate set of enterprise data enables Board to support all activities associated with the integrated business planning approach:
Advantages of integrated business planning
Easier identification of cost savings potential and growth opportunities
True integration makes the planning process more coherent and helps identify opportunities for cost savings, greater planning accuracy, and increased efficiency.
Company-wide performance transparency
Unlike heterogeneous spreadsheets and systems, integrated business planning consistently brings together performance data from all departments. This creates complete transparency about the impact of team activities on other activities as well as on the company’s overall results.
Alignment between strategic, financial and operational goals
Strengthening business partnering
Responsibility for the result
Benefits of integrated business planning for the areas:
Benefits of Board Integrated Business Planning for the financial sector
- More transparency and control across all business processes
- Better link between FP&A cycles, strategy and operations.
- Support strategic planning by evaluating and shortlisting initiatives.
- Promoting value creation throughout the company
- Improved business responsiveness through real-time forecasting based on current operational data
- Modern technological support for the cooperation of the finance department with operational units
- Seamless connection of financial planning and consolidation
- Analytical and strategic strengthening of controlling
Operations and Supply Chain
Benefits of Board Integrated Business Planning for Operations and Supply Chain:
- Detailed and timely analyses of individual supply stages, demand forecasts and costs
- Connecting layers of the supply chain to enable the transition from a traditional, cascading supply chain approach – with little or no communication between areas – to a common, parallel plan with full synchronization
- Linking supply chain and finance to align supply chain strategy with financial and
Align business objectives to minimize risk and volatility in results
- Forecast and anticipate market changes in real time thanks to predictive forecasting and what-if analyses
Benefits of Board Integrated Business Planning for IT
- Replace redundant planning and BI tools within the IT landscape with the unified decision-making platform
- Simple, intuitive, and programming-free user interface that enables employees to act on their own and reduces IT support efforts
- Establish a “single point of truth” defined by a homogeneous and consistent set of metadata that integrates data from existing enterprise applications, data lakes, data warehouses, and other existing systems
- Manage user access through a robust and flexible enterprise security model that provides and can provide single sign-on and integrates with existing enterprise directories
- Reduction of total cost of ownership (TCO) through a single licensing model, short implementation times and low operating costs
Sales & Marketing
Benefits of Board Integrated Business Planning for Sales & Marketing
- Increase in demand through targeted marketing campaigns coordinated between sales and marketing
- Use historical performance metrics to assess the future prospects of the business, as well as investigate and influence customer behavior using predictive technology and AI
- Ability for sales managers to automatically allocate strategic goals across sales channels and products using advanced rules
- Management of budgets and forecasts, incl. Review, approval and versioning as well as commenting in an automated workflow
Benefits of Board Integrated Business Planning for HR
- Coordination with the production area ensures that the required production plan is always supported with sufficient resources
- Closing personnel gaps through cross-departmental reallocation, hiring or employment of temporary staff by means of intelligent resource management
- Accurately estimate personnel costs and evaluate the impact of promotions, salary increases, and special benefits with compensation management functions
- Constant monitoring of personnel expenses via a dedicated dashboard
Cloud vs. on-premise
We offer both. Choose the best deployment model for your business!